澳洲幸运5官网(www.a55555.net)_High court grants leave for judicial review bid over Beng Hock\u2019s death

时间:2周前   阅读:10

澳洲幸运5官网www.a55555.net)是澳洲幸运5彩票官方网站,开放澳洲幸运5彩票会员开户、澳洲幸运5彩票代理开户、澳洲幸运5彩票线上投注、澳洲幸运5实时开奖服务的平台。
06.gif 澳洲幸运5官网(www.a55555.net)_High court grants leave for judicial review bid over Beng Hock\u2019s death 第1张

,The High Court has granted leave to the parents of Teoh Beng Hock for a judicial review against the Royal Malaysia Police to complete investigations into their son’s death in 2009. – The Malaysian Insight file pic, June 16, 2022.

THE Kuala Lumpur High Court today granted leave to the parents of Teoh Beng Hock to initiate judicial review proceedings for the Royal Malaysia Police (PDRM) to complete investigations into their son’s death almost 13 years ago. 

This was after judge Noorin Badaruddin di *** issed the Attorney-General’s Chambers’ (AGC) objection to the application submitted by Beng Hock’s parents, Teoh Leong Hwee, 74, and Teng Shuw Hoi, 69, before fixing June 30 for case management. 

The proceedings today involved senior federal counsels Shamsul Bolhassan and Ahmad Hanir Hambaly as well as federal counsel Mohammad Sallehuddin Md Ali from the AGC, acting on behalf of the inspector-general of police (IGP), the PDRM Criminal Investigation Department director, PDRM and the Malaysian government, as the first to fourth respondents.

Beng Hock’s parents were represented by lawyers Ramkarpal Singh, Harshaan Zamani and Simranjit Kaur.

In the application filed on January 4, the couple had sought a declaration that a failure on the part of the first, second and third respondents to complete investigations into their son’s death within a reasonable period of time had violated section 20 (3) of the Police Act 1967.

They also sought a declaration that the police had committed negligence and attempted to deny the applicants’ constitutional rights as stated under article 8 of the Federal Constitution, in addition to applying for a mandamus order for the first respondent (the IGP) to complete the investigation into Beng Hock’s death within a month’s time from the date the verdict is delivered.

The application was filed on the grounds that although three special task forces were set up to investigate the cause of their son’s death, the investigation was found to be incomplete, based on a letter from the second respondent dated September 21, 2021, which stated that the AGC had returned the investigation papers to the IGP on September 3, 2021.

According to the applicants, the investigation papers had been repeatedly returned to the first, second and third respondents by the AGC for further investigation.

Beng Hock was found sprawled on the fifth floor landing of Plaza Masalam in Shah Alam on the morning of July 16, 2009, after giving a statement at the Malaysian Anti-Corruption Commission office located on the 14th floor of the building. 

He was the political secretary to the then Selangor state executive councillor Ean Yong Hian Wah, who is also Seri Kembangan assemblyman.

上一篇:欧博allbet注册(www.aLLbet8.vip)_UKSB gave Muhyiddin RM1.3 million, says witness

下一篇:erc20和trc20转换(www.u2u.it)_Disney the one that cancelled Lightyear screening, says censorship board

网友评论